Image Alt Text is very much important for image SEO in digital marketing. Alt tags are alternative text description for the images placed in the websites or articles. ALT tags are used to describe the image or alternative information of an image if a user for some reason cannot view it because of slow connection, an error in the src attribute, or if the user uses a screen reader, or have low-bandwidth connections.
We should always give the images with good alt attributes. Well defined Alt text images can also back up the message and get you a good ranking in image search results. Alt text strengthens the message of your articles with search engine spiders and improves the accessibility of your website.
Image alt texts are one of the most important things that turn your images into hyperlinked search results which is an another way to receive organic visitors.
One image is better than the hundred words to transfer the information. People use number of images in the articles or website to encourage the visitors to read the information. Images are graphical representation of something and sit in the memory. We can recollect more information of the images rather than a text representing the same image.
5 Reasons Why Images Speak Louder Than Words
1. Engagement: Readers engagement will be increased if we break up the same post into subheadings with pictures.
2. The Power of Visuals: According to surveys, the human brain can process images up to 60,000 times faster than words.
3. Imagine the Impact: Pictures can instantly change your mood and leave impressions much faster and much more accurately than words can.
4. Pictures Are Universal: There is no Language for the pictures. Picture are universal language.
5. Humans Are Visual Creatures: Visualizing ideas, especially in brainstorming sessions, can help you overcome obstacles that are difficult to convey in paragraph form.
Alt Tags Definition
“alt tags” and “alt descriptions,” alt text is the written copy that appears in place of an image on a webpage if the image fails to load on a user’s screen. This text helps screen-reading tools describe images to visually impaired readers and allows search engines to better crawl and rank your website.
SRC attribute Definitions:
SRC Attributes: the src attribute is only valid for image type inputs, which are a form of submit input which display as a clickable image instead of as a button. The src attribute works exactly the same as the src attribute for the <img> element, defining a URL for an image file.
This is a complete HTML image tag:
<img src=“image.jpg” alt=“image description” title=“image Alt Text”>
How to Add Image Title and Alt Text to an Image in WordPress
WordPress allows you to add text title for your images when you add them in to the media library.
WordPress allows you to add Alt text for your images when you upload them using the built-in media up loader.
You can also add alt text to an image by visiting Media » Library and clicking on the Edit link below the image.
How do I write a good alt text?
- Use your content keywords: Include your keywords in the Alt text to get ranked in the image search. Other than the content it is the second funnel to divert the traffic to your site in the Google images.
- Describe the image as specifically as possible: Completely describe the images to provide text explanations of images for users who are unable to see them.
- Short and relatively: The most popular screen readers cut off alt text at around 125 characters, so it’s advisable to keep it to that character count or less.
- Avoid keyword stuffing. Describe the image and try to add the relevant keywords. Don’t dump all the keywords.
- Don’t include “image of,””picture of,” etc. in your alt text. It’s already assumed your alt text is referring to an image, so there’s no need to specify it.
- Don’t neglect form buttons. If a form on your website uses an image as it’s “submit” button, give it an alt attribute. Image buttons should have an alt attribute that describes the function of the button like, “search”, “apply now”, “sign up,” etc.
Do follow google image search guidelines for better results.